Advantages of Giving Automatically
Please consider contributing money via an automatic withdrawal directly or a bill pay from your bank account to the First United Methodist Church of Nebraska City. There are many benefits to the electronic contribution option which several of our members have enjoyed for years:
- Convenience. No need to write out checks each week
- Consistency. Helps members stay current with their giving…even when you are not able to attend church services
- Accuracy. Contributions continue to be reflected on your quarterly contribution reports
- Confidentiality. Increased confidentiality as your paper checks will no longer be part of the weekly offering and counting process
- Efficiency. Reduces weekly time and effort for our financial secretary
- Predictability. Improves our ability to forecast amount and timing of contributions
- Flexibility. You can increase, decrease or temporarily suspend your recurring contribution at any time.
- Participation. You can still display a symbolic act of giving into the offering plate by either writing “I Give Automatically” on the outside of your offering envelope or by placing an automatic giving “Offering Card” found in your pew into the offering plate.
If you want to take advantage of automatic ACH contributions, simply complete an enrollment form (with routing code and account number information for your bank account), sign and return the form to the church office. This information will be kept safely and used to set up the automatic withdrawal. Or many banks allow you to sign up on-line for an electronic bill pay.
Please contact Doug Friedli, Chair of the Finance Committee, or the Church Office, with any questions.